28 / 29 November 2020
closing date for entry 14 November 2020
How to enter
Hints and tips for making a video recording
1. Most modern smartphones, tablets and laptops are suitable for video recording. The camera resolution should be set to 720; a lower resolution may produce an unclear, grainy picture and a higher resolution may result in files that are too big to upload.
2. The camera should be static with candidate, instrument and music stand (if used) clearly in view. For keyboard instruments, the whole of the keyboard and the pedals should be visible. The performer must also be clearly in view.
3. Before starting the recording, check that audible or potentially distracting notifications are disabled on the device, that it is well charged and has enough available storage space.
4. The recording should be unedited, and, where more than one piece is being performed, continuous.
5. Because this is a video of a whole performance, the performer should announce their piece, and bow afterwards, in the usual way.